Monday, July 9, 2012

My Favorite Love Story

"And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.
You're every song, and I sing along.
'Cause you're my everything" -Everything (Michael Buble)


The excerpt of the song above is how I described my love story with Jei, he is part of my everything (*winkwink!)...The road we travelled together for 78 months (6 1/2 years yun, bet ko lang na ilagay as months para mas mukhang lifetime ang dating...haha) is squeezed with laugh trips, iyakan blues, our version of world war III, a lot of pigging-out and of course lots of love (love story nga eh, di ba? hihi).

How we started is like the modern day courting, "boy:can I have your number? girl:sure!Fave number? mine is 14. *smiley". What's not common about the onset of our relationship is when he remembers how I said yes to him as his girl. He always laughed about it (and I can't get it why??) because at that time, we have different interpretations "daw" (Haha!). It goes like this.

We dined in the nearest comfy diner in my boarding house and after chewing and slurping everything, we went back home. We talked more for a while before he said goodbye. As he headed for the door gate, without saying a word I took his hands, smiled the sweetest and shook his hands (like the shake done on graduation day minus the tassle part or when you landed that dream job, get it? hehe)... The next day, I happily announced to my officemates that we are officially on. And so the news flew and he was congratulated by my three closest officemates (my ever dearest sisters). And I guess he smiled at that time and accepted the greetings AND THE SITUATION. After that, he came to my workstation to confirm. And that's it! We are official. I didn't have a clue about his different interpretation of the "shaking hands" until months later that we had the chance to talked about it. We both ended up laughing at the misunderstanding/CONFUSION part. At haba ng hair mo Jei ha, nagmukha pa pala akong assumera at feelingera dun! haha!

Well, our start-up might not be considered as the most romantic nor ordinary but we've gone this far and loving every minute of it. (clap!clap!) Our different preferences in music, food, hobby (I could enumerate more, but I'd rather not, medyo mahaba-haba yung list, ;) ) just made our days together more interesting. We had the chance to try what the others like that sometimes we learn to like also. And for the interest that doesn't jive with our individual likings, we learn to respect and live with it (and as the cliche goes, kanya-kanyang trip lang yan kaya walang basagan ng trip!).

As individuals engaged in a relationship there has to be a common denominator, right? We also have a looooonnngg list but a big chunk of it is watching movies and if we weren't inside the cinemas on our dates we are doing my favorite part of the date -- Dining! ^__^

Below are just some of our pigging-out exploration & some of it are with friends with the same  tummy cravings and capacity like ours. Im so glad that my taste buds seem to be forever friends with all the edible food that I can chew, minus the exotic food plsss...(hihi!). Just sad that we don't have photos of all our food escapades. (sigh!)

at David's teahouse (MOA branch)...trying some Chinese food. I'm actually boasting Jei here that I finally know how to use chopsticks!

L- at Dampa w/ friends(along Macapagal Hi-way)  R-at Classic Savory

Another thing that we are so fond of (pls. bare with me if this blog is bombarded with our faces, hehe) is like what the line from the song Everything, "You're every song, and I sing along". We like to "SING-ALONG (haha, ginawang literal ang pagkakabasa) and attend concerts!  O Feel na feel namin ang pagka-loveteam at yung song...haha!


Just wanna share the below photo (last na for this post, hehe). I really like the "kakulitan" vibe in this picture. It captured the same tone of our relationship. Serious, jolly and makulet mode. :)

Photobooth shot in a wedding.

From that fateful night of "congratulatory shaking hands" to this day, we've grown as individuals and as a couple. I am not claiming perfection and eternity in my relationship with Jei because I know I cannot dictate fate nor know where it will lead us both. What I can grasp right now is I have him here with me and that suffice me. This is one of the many aspects of my life that I am willing to partake in gambling. If I lose I have memories and lessons to keep and if God allows that he'll be mine till I die then Im such a lucky princess, my fairytale came true. *winkwink!

.

2 comments:

  1. welcome to blogsphere Lenskie, enjoy blogging. :)

    Natawa ako sa congratulatory act of saying YES to Jei. hehe.. More love for both of you! XOXO :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tnx dars...haha..yup, that is how it all started...hehe...weirdness wired us... hehe

      Delete